Engineering Project Training
Engineering Project Training – 2017-18 (EPT2017_18 Applications for B.E. / B.Tech./ MCA project training 2017-18 are invited) The Physical Research Laboratory offers training to engineering students for their final semester full-time projects at B.E. / B.Tech/ M.E. / M.Tech. / MCA level for a minimum period of 04 months and a maximum period of 10/11 months in following disciplines:
- Electronics & Communication Engineering
- Instrumentation & Control Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Information Technology
- Mechanical Engineering
How To Apply
- Please visit our web-site at www.prl.res.in to register applications via on-line mode.
- Only applications received in the prescribed on-line format will be considered.
- Upon registration, applicants will be provided with an on-line Application Id, which should be carefully preserved for future reference. Unique e-mail ID of the applicant needs to be given in the application.
- The on-line application has to be invariably followed-up with a certificate of undertaking (as per the prescribed format).
- Printed copy of an on-line application, duly forwarded by Head of the Department/Training & Placement officer mentioning the Application Id on top of the filled application form, and Certificate of Undertaking (in a sealed envelope) along with CV of a student should be sent to the Head, Academic Services (headas[At]prl[Dot]res[Dot]in), Physical Research Laboratory, Navrangpura, Ahmedabad -380009.
- Printed application with other documents as mentioned above should reach at the following address.
The Head, Academic Services Physical Research Laboratory, Navrangpura, Ahmedabad, 380009
- All the applications received will be screened and the final selection will be based on merit within an institution. Normally NOT more than TWO students can be offered the Project training from the same Discipline/Department under an Institution/College/University. The total positions will be spread out amongst the colleges applied. Final selection will purely be done based on the availability of projects. However, wards of employee are given preference as a welfare measure to PRL fraternity.
- Minimum first class is mandatory from HSC onwards.
- Acceptance or rejection will be intimated to the applicant within six to eight working weeks after the closing date for application in respective disciplines.
- No students should contact directly any officials at PRL. Reply/Regret will be sent to the respective institution well in advance.
- The selected applicants report to the Head Academic Services, with letters from the respective colleges/universities along with two photographs for verification of records and issuance of entry passes, Original / attested copies of mark lists of all the semesters, college Identification badge may be needed for verification.
- During the Project work, the students should maintain strict discipline in the campus. They will personally be responsible for all their activities in the institute. Also, the students should strictly follow all security rules/guidelines, while in the campus.
- Selected students will get an opportunity to work on specific ongoing/study project of his discipline under the guidance of a scientist/engineer. Topic of project work will be informed after joining at PRL.
- Only applications for full time training will be considered.
- The project done by the candidate will be reviewed by the experts towards the end of training period and after the recommendation from reviewers, a copy of the synopsis/summary of the Project work, certified by the Project Guide, should be submitted to Head, Academic Services, PRL, on completion of the Project Work, and before the end of the training.
- The results will not be used / published in any manner without a written permission of PRL.
- Hostel accommodation and stipend will not be provided and requests for the same shall not be entertained.
Checklist of documents to be attached with the Application:
- Printed Application form
- Certificate of Undertaking (as per the prescribed format)
- Attested copies of mark sheets of all the semesters.
NOTE: Application received in any format other than the prescribed online format shall not be considered. All the applications must be forwarded through the Head/Principal of the institution/Department.
Any application received without recommendations will not be considered. The selected candidates will be informed through e-mail as well as by post on the address given by them in the application format. No interim quires in this connection will be entertained.
Online Submission will start from 11 July, 2018
Closing date for full-time project of M.E./M.Tech: July 31, 2018 17:00 hrs. (Duration of training at PRL 2nd/3rd week of August to July; 10/11 months).
Phone: 91-79-2631 4869