Chairperson: Prof. H. Mishra
Main areas of study are theoretical and phenomenological aspects of particle physics, atomic physics, gravitation and astroparticle physics, condensed matter and non-equilibrium phenomena.
Areas of Research
- Theoretical and phenomenological aspects of particle physics, covering collider physics, neutrino physics, flavour physics, CP violation, dark matter and physics beyond the Standard Model of particle physics
- Quark-gluon plasma, Quantum ChromoDynamics (QCD) phase transitions
- Gravitation, Cosmology and astroparticle physics, including inflation, dark matter, cosmic background radiation and early Universe phenomena
- Atomic physics covering Bose-Einstein condensation and degenerate quantum gases
- Condensed matter physics including (un)conventional superconductivity