Post-Doctoral Fellowship (PDF) in research areas of the Laboratory is offered for a maximum period of two years. The extension to 2nd year is subject to the satisfactory annual progress review.
Candidates who have submitted their Ph.D. thesis or those who are about to submit their Ph.D. thesis can apply. In case of selection, the candidate will be required to submit the thesis submission certificate at the time of joining PRL. Candidates, in consultation with a PRL faculty member, must submit a research proposal outlining the research they would undertake during their post-doctoral fellowship tenure.
Candidates should arrange recommendation letters by at least three referees (NON-PRL Faculty members) to be sent directly to the Chairperson, PDF committee via e-mail as mentioned below.
Candidates may be called for an interview only after all the above necessary inputs are received.
- 1. Doctorate (Ph. D.)/thesis submitted for Ph.D. in any field of Science or Engineering. However, the area of research should be compatible and related to those pursued in PRL.
- 2. Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees in Science or Engineering with first class (60%) or equivalent grades at both Bachelor’s and Master’s levels.
The qualification prescribed is the minimum requirement and the same does not automatically make candidates eligible for the interview. Only after the initial screening of the application and considering the merit of the submitted research proposal, the candidates found suitable will be called for an interview at PRL.
- Age Limit
- : 35 Years
- 1. For candidates who have submitted their Ph.D. thesis but the degree is not awarded -- ₹ 34,000 p.m.
- 2. With a Ph.D.degree, ₹ 36,000 p.m
- Academic Allowance
- : ₹ 10,000 /- (one time during the PDF tenure)
- : In addition to the Fellowship mentioned above, the Post-doctoral Fellows are eligible for accommodation facility as per existing PRL Rules. If accommodation is not provided, HRA will be paid as per PRL rules. If the accommodation provided is refused by PDF on his/her own volition then HRA will not be paid.
The selection process will be conducted on a quarterly basis as per the following timeline:
>> January 2nd week - Deadline of receiving application including recommendation letter 30th November,
>> April 2nd week - Deadline of receiving application including recommendation letter 28th February,
>> July 2nd week - Deadline of receiving application including recommendation letter 31st May and
>> October 2nd week - Deadline of receiving application including recommendation letter 31st August.
- HOW TO APPLY
Eligible candidates are requested to submit the application along with the following documents only by email to pdf[At]prl[Dot]res[Dot]in
1) Scanned copy of the Application in the prescribed format.
2) Abstract of Ph.D. thesis
3) List of Publications
4) Research proposal (maximum of 2000 words) and to be prepared in consultation with the proposed PRL supervisor
5) Detailed Bio-data with details of educational qualifications, age, work experience etc.
At the time of the interview, the candidates are required to produce original documents of the following:
No Objection Certificate, from the employer concerned in respect of those applicants who are employed under Central / State Government / Public Sector Undertakings / Autonomous Bodies.
- : For any further details, please contact: Chairperson, PDF Committee. Email: pdf[At]prl[Dot]res[Dot]in.