Post-Doctoral Fellowship in research areas of the Laboratory is offered for a maximum period of two years. The extension to 2nd year is subject to the satisfactory annual progress review.
Candidates who have submitted their Ph.D. thesis or those who are about to submit their Ph.D. thesis can apply. In case of selection the candidate will be required submit the thesis submission certificate at the time of joining PRL. Candidates, in consultation with a PRL faculty member, must submit a research proposal outlining the research they would undertake during their post-doctoral fellowship.
Candidates should arrange recommendation letters by at least three referees to be sent directly to the Chairperson, PDF committee via e-mail as mentioned below.
Candidates will be called for interview only after all the above necessary inputs are received.
- : Doctorate (Ph. D.)/thesis submitted for Ph.D. in the field of Physics /Chemistry / Geology / Geophysics or related subjects with 60% marks or equivalent grade in Post-Graduate degree.
- Age Limit
- : 35 Years
- : For candidates who have sumitted their thesis but the Ph.D. degree is not awarded -- ₹ 34,000 p.m.
With Ph.D. degree , ₹ 36,000 p.m
- Book Grant
- : ₹ 10,000 /- (one time during the PDF tenure)
- : In addition to the Fellowship mentioned above, the Post-doctoral Fellows are eligible for accommodation facility as per existing PRL Rules. If accommodation is not provided, HRA will be paid as per PRL rules. If the accommodation provided is refused by PDF on his/her own volition then HRA will not be paid.
- : Chairperson, PDF Committee. Email: pdf[At]prl[Dot]res[Dot]in