Hari Om Ashram Prerit Vikram Sarabhai Research Award
Nominations are invited for the Shri Hari Om Ashram Prerit Dr. Vikram Sarabhai Research Awards, 2017, established from funds provided by Pujya Shri Mota of Hari Om Ashram, Nadiad and PRL Award, 2017, instituted by late Prof. Devendra Lal, former Director of PRL. The awards, given in alternate years, consist of a cash prize of ₹ 50,000/- (Rs. Fifty Thousand) and a medal and will be given to outstanding Indian Scientists, who are below 45 years of age (born on or after 2.1.1972), as on 1st January, 2017 for their original work in the following fields:
Hari Om Awards, one each in the following four disciplines:
- Space Sciences (including Astronomy, Astrophysics, Planetary and Atmospheric Sciences).
- Space Applications (in the areas of Meteorology, Hydrology, Remote Sensing and related Ground Truths).
- Electronics, Informatics, Telematics and Automation.
- Systems Analysis or Management, including non-linear, non-equilibrium systems in natural and social sciences and technology.
- PRL Award for innovative theoretical and or experimental studies in earth and planetary systems, including areas of oceanography, atmospheric sciences and meteorology. PRL Award Awardees List (1997-2017)
Guidelines for submission of nomination:Nominations are to be submitted in the prescribed format and should include; Two copies of the nomination to be submitted with a CD containing all documents including nomination proforma in ‘MS-word’ format. Please enclose the following documents with the nomination:
- Significant contributions to the area of specialization by the nominee (two pages) during his/her research career.
- Impact of the contributions in the field concerned, basic and/or applied
- Specific contributions for which the nomination is being made
- Complete list of Publications (with the names of authors in the order in which they appear in the publications).
- List of TEN BEST publications of which five should preferably be from the last five years (A separate listing of this is essential)
- Reprints of five important publications in the last five years (e-file only).
The nomination be done by downloading the proforma from PRL website https://www.prl.res.in --> National Awards--> Hari Om Awards / PRL Award 2017. Nomination form along with documents, (as listed in item (a) to (f) above) needs to be submitted via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 15 April, 2018. Nominations may be sent by the Head of Academic & Research Institutions, Vice-Chancellors, Fellows of the Indian Academies of Science and Engineering and past recipients of these awards. Nominations to be sent to: The Director, Physical Research Laboratory, Navrangpura, Ahmedabad-380009. Nominations may be sent/filled by the Head of Academic & Research Institutions, Vice-Chancellors and Fellows of the Indian Academies of Science and Engineering. Nominations to be sent to: The Director, Physical Research Laboratory, Navrangpura, Ahmedabad-380009.
Re-nominations of the nominees for the years 2015 and 2013 may be done by making a fresh nomination as per the above criteria and guidelines. Last date for receiving Nominations: 15 April, 2018.
Last date for receiving Nominations: 15 April, 2018.