Buti Foundation Award
Nominations are invited for the biennial “Buti Foundation Award” in the field of Plasma Science & Technology. This award was instituted in 2007 from endowment fund provided by Buti Foundation, New Delhi. The Buti Foundation Award to be given to a Scientist/Engineer under the age of 45 years as on 1st January 2021 (born on or after 02.01.1976) for innovative and outstanding research work done in India in the field of Plasma Science & Technology. The award consists of a medal and a cash prize of Rupees Fifty thousands (Rs. 50,000/-).
Guidelines for submission of nomination:Nominations are to be submitted in the prescribed format and should include:
- Significant contributions to the area of specialization by the nominee (two pages) during his/her research career.
- Impact of the contributions in the field concerned, basic and/or applied
- Specific contributions for which the nomination is being made
- A complete list of Publications (with the names of authors in the order in which they appear in the publications).
- List of TEN BEST publications of which five should preferably be from the last five years (A separate listing of this is essential)
- Reprints of five important publications in the last five years (e-files only).
Nominations for Buti Foundation Award as per above guidelines and with the required documents need to be submitted via e-mail to The Director, PRL at DIRECTOR AT PRL dot RES dot IN with the subject line 'Nomination for The Buti Foundation Award' (as the case may be) on or before 20 October 2021. Nominations may be made by the Head of Academic & Research Institutions/ Vice-Chancellors/ Deans of Universities/ Fellows of the Indian Academies of Science and Engineering/ and past recipients of this awards.
Re-nominations of the nominees for the previous years has to be done by making a fresh nomination as per the above criteria and guidelines.
Last date for receiving Nominations: 20 October 2021.
Nomination Proforma (click here to download)
Buti Foundation Awardees List (2007-2019)