Nominations are invited for the biennial “Buti Foundation Award” in the field of Plasma Science & Technology. This award was instituted in 2007 from endowment fund provided by Buti Foundation, New Delhi. The award this year will be given to a person below 45 years as on 1st January 2017 (born on or after 02.01.1972) for innovative and outstanding research work done in India in the field of Plasma Science and Technology. The Award carries a Citation, a Medal and Cash Prize of ₹50,000/- (Rupees Fifty Thousand Only).
Guidelines for submission of nomination:
Nominations are to be submitted in the prescribed format and should include:
- Significant contributions to the area of specialization by the nominee (two pages) during his/her research career.
- Impact of the contributions in the field concerned, basic and/or applied
- Specific contributions for which the nomination is being made
- A complete list of Publications (with the names of authors in the order in which they appear in the publications).
- List of TEN BEST publications of which five should preferably be from the last five years (A separate listing of this is essential)
- Reprints of five important publications in the last five years (e-files only).
Nomination form along with documents, (as listed in items (a) to (f) above) also needs to be submitted via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before May 31, 2017. The selections for the year 2017 will be completed by the second quarter of the year 2017 and the awards will be presented in August 2017.
Re-nominations of the nominees for the years 2015 and 2013, subject to their fulfilling the age eligibility, may be done by making a fresh nomination as per the above criteria and guidelines.
Nominations may be sent/filled by the Head of Academic & Research Institutions, Vice-Chancellors, and Fellows of the Indian Academies of Science and Engineering and past awardees. Nominations to be sent to The Director, Physical Research Laboratory, Navrangpura, Near Gujarat University, Ahmedabad-380009.
Last date for receiving Nominations: May 31, 2017.
Nomination Proforma (click here to download)