- Space Weather effects in the Earth's upper atmosphere.
- Investigations of the equatorial-, middle- and high-latitude upper atmospheric phenomena.
- Investigation of coupling among various altitude regions of the earth's atmosphere.
- Investigation of neutral and plasma dynamics during quiet and disturbed geomagnetic conditions.
- Exploring new methods of investigations for Upper atmospheric research.
Investigations of upper atmospheric phenomena and their associated effects on the neutral and plasma dynamics are carried out using all-sky daytime optical measurements from various regions on the ground. By simultaneous measurements over a large field-of-view on emissions that originate from multiple altitudes, investigations are carried out on vertical coupling of upper atmospheric regions. Space weather effects at various latitudes is pursued using various ground and satellite based instrumentation.