· Marine Nitrogen Cycle
· Ocean Biogeochemistry
· Marine C:N:P Stoichiometry
· Anthropogenic Impacts on Marine Nitrogen Cycling
· Climate Change
· Isotopic Fractionation Processes
· Associate, Indian Academy of Sciences (IASc), Bengaluru (2017-2020)
· INSPIRE faculty fellowship, DST India (2015-2020)
· Alexander von Humboldt Researcher Alumni fellowship (January 2015)
· DFG (Leibniz-Preis) Post-doctoral fellowship (May 2015 - April 2016)
· Sonderforschungsbereich ‘(SFB-754)’ Post-doctoral fellowship (October 2014 - April 2015)
· Cluster of Excellence ‘The Future Ocean’ Post-doctoral fellowship (May 2013 - October 2014)
· Gothenburg University Post-doctoral fellowship (March 2013 - April 2013)
· Swedish Institute Post-doctoral fellowship (September 2011 - February 2013)
· NF-POGO Center of Excellence 2011 fellowship for participating in a ten months Observational Oceanography training programme at BIOS, Bermuda
fellowship (2009) to work at MPIMM,
Peer-Reviewed Journal Articles
1. Saxena, H., D. Sahoo, M. A. Khan, S. Kumar, A. K. Sudheer, and A. Singh (2020), Dinitrogen Fixation Rates in the Bay of Bengal during Summer Monsoon, Environmental Research Communications, 2, 051007, doi:10.1088/2515-7620/ab89fa
2. Tripathi, N., L. K. Sahu, A. Singh, R. Yadav, and K. K. Karati (2020), High levels of isoprene in the marine boundary layer of Arabian Sea during spring inter-monsoon: Role of phytoplankton blooms, ACS Earth and Space Chemistry, 4(4), 583-590, doi:10.1021/acsearthspacechem.
3. Thajudeen, J., P. V. Vipindas, Y. Jesmi, V. Sudheesh, P. M. Parambath, A. Singh, and M. A. Hatha (2020), Nutrient stoichiometry (N:P) controls nitrogen fixation and distribution of diazotrophs in a tropical eutrophic estuary, Marine Pollution Bulletin, 15, 110799, doi:10.1016/j.marpolbul.2019.110799
4. Singh, A., N. Gandhi, and R. Ramesh, (2019), Surplus supply of bioavailable nitrogen through N2 fixation to primary producers in the eastern Arabian Sea during autumn, Continental Shelf Research, 181, 103–110
5. Hermes, J. C., Y. Masumoto, L. Beal, …, A. Singh et al. (2019), A sustained ocean observing system in the Indian Ocean for climate related scientific knowledge and societal needs, Frontiers in Marine Science, 6:355.
6. Suntharalingam, P., L. M. Zamora, H. W. Bange, S. Bikkina, E. Buitenhuis, M. Kanakidou, J. F. Lamarque, A. Landolfi, L. Resplandy, M.M. Sarin, S. Seitzinger, and A. Singh (2019), Anthropogenic nitrogen inputs and impacts on oceanic N2O fluxes in the northern Indian Ocean: The need for an integrated observation and modelling approach, Deep Sea Research II, doi:10.1016/j.dsr2.2019.03.007
7. Kumar, P. K., A. Singh, and R. Ramesh (2018), Controls on δ18O, δD and δ18O-salinity relationship in the northern Indian Ocean, Marine Chemistry, 207, 55-62, doi:10.1016/j.marchem.2018.10.010
8. Kumar, S., P. S. Bhavya, R. Ramesh, G. V. M. Gupta, F. Chiriboga, A. Singh, I. Karunasagar, A. Rai, A. Rehnstam-Holm, L. Edler, and A. Godhe (2018), Nitrogen uptake potential under different temperature-salinity conditions: Implications for nitrogen cycling under climate change scenarios, Marine Environmental Research, doi:10.1016/j.marenvres.2018.09.001
9. Singh, A., L. T. Bach, T. Fischer, H. Hauss, R. Kiko, A. J. Paul, P. Stange, P. Vandromme, and U. Riebesell (2017), Niche construction by non-diazotrophs for N2 fixers in the eastern tropical North Atlantic Ocean, Geophysical Research Letters, 44, doi:10.1002/2017GL074218
10. Baker, A. R., M. Kanakidou, K. Altieri, N. Daskalakis, G. Okin, S. Myriokefalitakis, F. Dentener, M. Uematsu, M M. Sarin, R. Duce, J. Galloway, W. Keene, A. Singh, L. Zamora, J. Lamarque, S. Hsu, S. Rohekar, S., and J. Prospero (2017), Observation-and model-based estimates of particulate dry nitrogen deposition to the oceans, Atmospheric Chemistry and Physics, 17(13), 8189-8210, doi:10.5194/acp-17-8189-2017
11. Kumar, P. K., A. Singh, R. Ramesh and T. Nallathambi T (2017), N2 Fixation in the Eastern Arabian Sea: Probable Role of Heterotrophic Diazotrophs. Front. Mar. Sci., 4:80. doi: 10.3389/fmars.2017.00080
12. Jickells. T., K. Altieri, E. Buitenhuis, A. Baker, D. Capone, R. Duce, F. Dentener, K. Fennel, M. Kanakidou, J. LaRoche, K. Lee, P. Liss, J. Middelburg, K. Moore, G. Okin, A. Oschlies, M. M. Sarin, S. Seitzinger, J. Sharples, A. Singh, P. Suntharalingam, M. Uematsu, and L. Zamora (2017), A reevaluation of the magnitude and impacts of anthropogenic atmospheric nitrogen inputs on the ocean, Global Biogeochemical Cycles, 31(2), 289-305
13. Thajudeen, J., J. Yousuf, V. P. Veetil, S. Varghese, A. Singh, and M. H. Abdulla (2017), Nitrogen fixing bacterial diversity in a tropical estuarine sediments, World Journal of Microbiology and Biotechnology, 33(2), 41
14. Olofsson, M., J. Egardt, A. Singh, and H. Ploug (2016), Inorganic phosphorus enrichments in Baltic Sea water have large effects on growth, carbon fixation, and N2 fixation by Nodularia spumigena. Aquatic Microbial Ecology, 77(2), 111-123
15. Singh, A., Kürten, B., Cedras, R., Fernandes, M., N. Kumar and 41 authors (2016), Perspectives on future Indian Ocean research from early career scientists, Current Science, 111 (11), 1741-1742
16. Kahlon, G. K., S. Kumar, A. Rehnstam-Holm, A. Rai, P. S. Bhavya, L. Edler, A. Singh, B. Andersson, I. Karunasagar, R. Ramesh, and A. Godhe (2016), Response of a coastal tropical pelagic microbial community to changed salinity and temperature, Aquatic Microbial Ecology, 77(1), 37-50, doi:10.3354/ame01785
17. Singh, A., S. E. Baer, U. Riebesell, A. C. Martiny, and M. W. Lomas (2015), C:N:P stoichiometry at the Bermuda Atlantic Time-series Study station in the North Atlantic Ocean, Biogeosciences, 12, 6389-6403, doi:10.5194/bg-12-6389-2015
18. Löscher, C. R., M. A. Fischer, S. C. Neulinger, B. Fiedler, M. Philippi, F. Schütte, A. Singh, H. Hauss, J. Karstensen, A. Körtzinger, S. Künzel, and R. A. Schmitz (2015), Hidden biosphere in an oxygen-deficient Atlantic open-ocean eddy: future implications of ocean deoxygenation on primary production in the eastern tropical North Atlantic, Biogeosciences, 12, 7467-7482, doi:10.5194/bg-12-7467-2015
19. Singh, A., and R. Ramesh (2015), Environmental controls on New and Primary Production in the Northern Indian Ocean, Progress in Oceanography, 131, 138-145, doi:10.1016/j.pocean.2014.12.006
20. Singh, A., N. Gandhi, R. Ramesh, and S. Prakash (2015), Role of Cyclonic Eddy in enhancing Primary and New production in the Bay of Bengal, Journal of Sea Research, 97, 5-13, doi:10.1016/j.seares.2014.12.002
21. Singh, A., A. Mohiuddin, R. Ramesh, and S. Raghav (2014), Estimating the Loss of Himalayan Glaciers under Global Warming Using the δ18O-Salinity Relation in the Bay of Bengal, Environmental Science and Technology Letters, 1(5), 249-253, doi:10.1021/ez500076z; (ACS Editors’ Choice Publication, Seawater Survey Traces Loss of Himalayan Glaciers)
22. Singh, A., K. Hårding, H. R. V. Reddy, and A. Godhe (2014), An assessment of Dinophysis blooms in the coastal Arabian Sea, Harmful Algae, 34, 29-35, doi: 10.1016/j.hal.2014.02.006
23. Singh, A., R. Ramesh, and A. Godhe (2014), Inter- and intra-specific carbon and nitrogen assimilation by cultured dinoflagellate and diatom species in an isotopic enrichment culture experiment, Current Science, 106 (6), 867-870
24. Singh, A., M. W. Lomas, and N. R. Bates (2013), Revisiting N2 fixation in the North Atlantic Ocean: Significance of deviations from the Redfield Ratio, atmospheric deposition and climate variability, Deep Sea Research, Part II, 93, 148-158. doi:10.1016/j.dsr2.2013.04.008i
25. Singh, A., N. Gandhi, and R. Ramesh (2012), Contribution of atmospheric nitrogen deposition to new production in the nitrogen limited photic zone of the northern Indian Ocean, Journal of Geophysical Research: Oceans,117 (C6), doi:10.1029/2011JC007737
26. Gandhi, N., A. Singh, S. Prakash, R. Ramesh, Mini Raman, M. S. Sheshshayee, and S. Shetye (2011), First direct N2 fixation measurements during a Trichodesmium bloom in the eastern Arabian Sea, Global Biogeochemical Cycles, 25 (4), doi:10.1029/2010GB003970
27. Thirumalai, K., A. Singh, and R. Ramesh (2011), A MATLABTM code to perform weighted linear regression with (correlated or uncorrelated) errors in bivariate data, Journal of the Geological Society of India, 77, 377-380.
28. Singh, A., and R. Ramesh (2011), Contribution of riverine dissolved inorganic nitrogen flux to new production in the coastal northern Indian Ocean - an assessment, International Journal of Oceanography, vol 2011, doi: 10.1155/2011/983561
29. Singh, A., R. A. Jani, and R. Ramesh (2010), Spatiotemporal variations of the δ18O-salinity relation in the northern Indian Ocean, Deep Sea Research, Part I, 57(11), 1422-1431, doi:10.1016/j.dsr.2010.08.002.
30. Gandhi, N., A. Singh, R. Ramesh, and M. S. Sheshshayee (2010), Nitrogen sources for new production in the NE Indian Ocean, Advances in Geosciences, 24, 55-67.
31. Ramesh, R., and A. Singh (2010), Isotopic fractionation in open systems: application to organic matter decomposition in ocean and land, Current Science, 98(3), 406-411.