Physical Research Laboratory (PRL) is a premier national research institution, under the aegis of the Department of Space, Government of India. Founded in 1947 by Dr.Vikram Sarabhai. PRL has served as the “cradle of space sciences” since its inception. The year 2019, marks the birth centenary year of Dr.Vikram A. Sarabhai, the father of Indian Space Programme and of PRL. Dr. Sarabhai encouraged the young and brilliant students who has desire to excel in innovation and serve country in scientific endeavour.
VIkram Sarabhai Innovation CompetitiON (VISION) -2019
To honor the occasion PRL invites new and original ideas, which has potential for new innovations, from the science and engineering students for VISION-2019. The competition is a tribute to the great visionary to encourage younger generation of scientists and engineers for the brilliant innovations. The main aim of the competition is to support the new and original ideas, which has potential for new innovations. The competition will provide a prestigious national platform to the young students to showcase their new ideas of innovation.
- First: ₹ 3 Lakhs
- Second: ₹ 2 Lakhs
- Third: ₹ 1 Lakh
(With Additional Project Grant Up to ₹ 3 Lakhs)
About the Competition: Nature of Proposals
- Proposals are invited for the execution and demonstration of original research and development ideas in the domains of Physical Sciences (e.g. Physics, Astronomy and Astrophysics, Earth Sciences, Space and Atmospheric Sciences etc.)
- Proposals may include (but not limited to) executable concepts for an experimental demonstration or prototype setup/system development.
- The proposals must be novel and experimental in nature e.g. setup related to new innovations, prototype development etc.
- Selected teams shall be called for Proposal presentation at PRL.
- The selected proposals have to be executed by the students in their college between June-November 2019.
- Final evaluation and result declaration would be done at PRL in December 2019.
Eligibility for Participation
Students pursuing their B.Sc., Integrated M.Sc., M.Sc., B.E./B.Tech. and preferably in pre-final year (1 or more year remaining for completion of their degree). Individuals or a group (not more than 3 students) from same college or institute can apply for the competition. The application has to be endorsed by the Head of Department and by the Head of Institution in the prescribed pro-forma.
Proposal Grant and Rewards
The proposals selected for execution will be provided a project grant up to Rs. 3 Lakhs (Rs. 50,000/- for consumables and Rs. 2,50,000/- for equipment). The project grant shall be reimbursed to the concerned Department through their Head of the Department. The equipment under this grant may be treated as asset and will remain with the institution for their use in laboratories. The successful projects will be evaluated by experts, the participant students will be ranked and best 3 projects will be awarded the prizes of, 1st Prize: Rs. 3 Lakhs, 2nd Prize: Rs. 2 Lakhs and 3rd Prize: Rs. 1 Lakh
How to Participate: Screening, Review, Selection and Evaluation Procedure
- The proposals should be submitted in the prescribe format on or before the due date (30th March 2019).
- The signed and scanned copy (PDF version) of the full proposal documents must be submitted through e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. The original documents must be mailed through regular post.
- The submitted proposals will be screened by team of experts. The selected teams shall be informed by April 2019 and would be called for in person presentation at PRL, Ahmedabad. To and Fro 3rd AC rail fare for the shortest route and local hospitality shall be provided to all the participant candidates.
- Selected teams, after the screening presentation, shall be provided a project grant up to Rs. 3 Lakhs (Rs. 50,000/- for consumables and Rs. 2,50,000/- for equipment).
- The selected teams shall be carrying out the experiments/development in their respective college premises during June-November 2019.
- The status of the granted projects will be evaluated after 3-4 months from the beginning of the projects. A team of experts from PRL will review the progress of projects.
- The project teams will be called at PRL in December 2019 for final presentation. The completed projects will be comprehensively reviewed and prizes will be announced.
- Last Date of Submission of Proposal :30th March, 2019
- Notification of Acceptance : April, 2019
- Selected Proposal’s Presentation : May, 2019
- Start of the Project : June, 2019
- Completion of Project : November,2019
- Final Presentation and Evaluation: December, 2019
Physical Research Laboratory (PRL)