Chairperson: Prof. H. Mishra
Main areas of study are theoretical and phenomenological aspects of particle physics, atomic physics, gravitation and astroparticle physics, condensed matter and non-equilibrium phenomena.
Areas of Research
- Theoretical and phenomenological aspects of particle physics, covering collider physics, neutrino physics, flavour physics, CP violation, dark matter and physics beyond standard model.
- Quark-gluon plasma, QCD phase transitions.
- Gravitation, Cosmology and astroparticle physics, including dark matter, cosmic background radiation, early universe phenomena.
- Atomic physics covering high precision spectroscopy, Bose-Einstein condensation, parity and time reversal violating effects, degenerate quantum gases.
- Condensed matter physics including (un)conventional superconductivity.